After some false starts, finally managed to have Basilisk II 64-bit and Mac OS 7.5.3 working on macOS Mojave V10.14.4 on a Late 2012 Mac mini. Beauty!
The classic screen takes me back to the 90's with a sense of deja vu and a bit of revival of PTSD suffered therein (a different and very long story).
Also have working following old Macs
- Power Mac G3 (CD/FDD)+ External SCSI Traxdata CDR4120 Pro CD Writer
- PowerPC Mac Performa 5400 (CD/FDD)
- External SCSI FDHD (might need a clean/service to be functional)
- External SCSI HDDs, a few, hopefully still working
- External USB FDHD
- External USB DVD Writer/Reader
- Mac PowerBook 180C (was working 20 years ago but battery leaked/failed, going to try building another battery and service the laptop to see if can live again.
- Also have two Mac IIci in dubious condition. To be revived.
Now need to learn how to
1- Transfer my old Mac applications and documents on 400k, 700k and 1.4k floppies and HDDs by reading them on above Macs, creating disk images, etc and burning to CD.
2- Copy info from CD in Mac Mini to Shared folder in Basilisk and installing old apps to read them.
3- Transfer information to use under modern apps (don't have yet) in Mojave V10.14.4 and later.
Any assistance would be most welcome.