In advance of Catalina, I've made some very slight modifications to kanjitalk755's BasiliskII code that may or may not be useful. Because I don't know how to write code, I've done these in a very incompetent way, but they seem to work, and they reduce the number of permissions that you need to give to BasiliskII to make it run smoothly under Catalina. The modifications are here:https://github.com/emendelson/macemu/co ... dcf367e171
What they accomplish are these:
1. If no rom file is specified in the preferences file, then BasiliskII will look for a rom file named ROM in the same folder with the app.
2. If no disk file is specified in the preferences file, then BasiliskII will look for a disk image named basiliskii.sparsebundle in the same folder with the app.
3. The xpram file is visible, not hidden, and in the same folder with the app.
4. This is the one I'm doubtful about: the preferences file is now a visible file in the user's /Library/Application Support folder. This is easy to change in the code. I thought of putting the preferences file in the same folder with the app, so that you could have multiple configurations easily, and maybe that's better. But of course it would be best to support something like sheepvm's, but that's far beyond my abilities.
5. I've made some minor changes to the defaults that are useful for me, but may not be useful to anyone else.
I don't know if this is useful for anyone, but here it is if anyone wants it. A competent programmer can avoid some of the obvious kludges in my code.
EDIT: And this commit fixes a typo where I left the xpram file invisible:https://github.com/emendelson/macemu/co ... 985f687947