Trouble Booting up Basilisk II on MacOS High Sierra

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

bbbbbbb
Space Cadet

Trouble Booting up Basilisk II on MacOS High Sierra

Post by bbbbbbb »

Howdy,

I'm very new to emulation, and don't have much idea what I'm doing at the moment.

I followed the lovely guide (https://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/ba ... kii_folder) to set up the software; however, when hitting Start in GUI, I consistently get the "Basilisk II error: Could Not Start BasiliskII (no such file or directory)"

Basilisk opens just fine when you open it via regular BasiliskII though, but then it only prompts me with the first Initialization pop up, and won't register the Unix Root folder.

What steps should I take to move forward so I can actually start running applications through this?
asterix
Space Cadet

Re: Trouble Booting up Basilisk II on MacOS High Sierra

Post by asterix »

Hi everybody, I just registered and I have exactly the same error message after several try. Does anybody know the solution please? Many thanks if you can share it.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Check if the BasiliskII file is indeed named BasiliskII
The GUI is a stand-alone application that knows only applications named BasiliskII.

Best,
Cat_7
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

There may be several other reasons why it does not work. The Start button does not work in my setup also and BasiliskII has the correct name and is in the same folder as the GUI.

There is no need to use the Start button. Instead, use the Save button to save settings, quit the GUI, and launch BasiliskII directly.