Login  •  Register


The time is now: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:27 am

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies



Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 5 of 5 [ 110 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:02 pm 
Offline
Student Driver

Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:10 am
Posts: 24
Thanks for posting the compiled binary!

After downloading and loading the revised XCode project on Catalina/XCode 11.3.1, I still get the same 3 warnings and 2 errors (although if I re-run the release build, I then get 176 warnings). The error relates to the CPU part again. I navigated to the MacOSX folder and ran "make -f Makefile.gencpu" from the shell (which is the shell command in \Run Script\Build Phase) and it says the following:

make: *** No rule to make target `/../uae_cpu/build68k.c', needed by `/gencpu_output/build68k'. Stop.

"/Users/racini/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/BasiliskII-eedamcnnvfgqgnecudaqxokswvxz/Build/Products/Release/gencpu_output/" as a folder exists but is empty.

If I add "all" to the command, it doesn't matter. I'm not sure why it continues to barf on building the CPU core unless others who have made successful builds have something else installed or configured that I don't.

Rich


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:29 pm 
Offline
Expert User
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:24 pm
Posts: 5849
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
I do not know if there is a software problem on your Mac or if it is something you do.

It should be very simple. This how I do it:
1. Make sure SDL2.framework version 2.0.10 is installed in /Library/Frameworks/
2. Empty the folder ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData
3. Download the zipped source from https://github.com/kanjitalk755/macemu and expand it
4. Open the file macemu-master/BasiliskII/src/MacOSX/BasiliskII.xcodeproj
5. In the icon bar in Xcode window choose BasiliskII > Edit Scheme... and make sure the Build Configuration is set to "Release" for all five.
6. Choose Build from the Product menu.


Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:15 pm 
Offline
Student Driver

Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:10 am
Posts: 24
Ronald P. Regensburg wrote:
I do not know if there is a software problem on your Mac or if it is something you do.

It should be very simple. This how I do it:
1. Make sure SDL2.framework version 2.0.10 is installed in /Library/Frameworks/
2. Empty the folder ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData
3. Download the zipped source from https://github.com/kanjitalk755/macemu and expand it
4. Open the file macemu-master/BasiliskII/src/MacOSX/BasiliskII.xcodeproj
5. In the icon bar in Xcode window choose BasiliskII > Edit Scheme... and make sure the Build Configuration is set to "Release" for all five.
6. Choose Build from the Product menu.


Ok, starting over:
1. Confirmed
2. Done
3/4. Re-done
5. I only had "Release" on the Run one, not Test and Analyze. Profile and Archive were already at Release
6. Done

184 warnings and the same 2 errors. The two errors still relate to the CPU.

I decided to re-try the above on my Parallels VM that has Sierra and XCode 8.3.3. It produces 1 warning (on the depreciated function in etherhelpertool.c) and the same two errors on the CPU. I also tried running the shell script manually and it also barfs, same as before.

Looking at the output, I thought that maybe I had the files buried too deeply in the file system (I had it in Documents/XCode Projects) which is something I've seen with Visual Studio on Windows. So, I moved the macemu-master to my home folder. In Sierra and XCode 8, it now get 500+ warnings but no errors, and the build completes. I then retried it with Catalina and XCode 11 and I get 4497 warnings (!!) and no errors and the build completes. I moved the build to my Basilisk folder and ran it, and it runs. So that's good.

It would be interesting to see where in the file system other builders have their files and if that might be part of it.

Rich


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:35 pm 
Offline
Expert User
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:24 pm
Posts: 5849
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
RichCini wrote:
I had it in Documents/XCode Projects
You are supposed to have a Documents folder in your Home folder. Did you create another Documents folder at root level on your System disk? Or where?

Quote:
It would be interesting to see where in the file system other builders have their files and if that might be part of it.
I simply have the source on my desktop. After builds were successful, I trash it. There is no point in keeping it unless one wants to study and maybe edit the code.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:39 pm 
Offline
Student Driver

Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:10 am
Posts: 24
Ronald P. Regensburg wrote:
RichCini wrote:
I had it in Documents/XCode Projects
You are supposed to have a Documents folder in your Home folder. Did you create another Documents folder at root level on your System disk? Or where?

No. The files were originally in /Users/racini/Documents/XCode Projects/. Now they're at /Users/racini.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:38 pm 
Offline
Tinkerer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:32 am
Posts: 77
Ronald P. Regensburg wrote:
5. In the icon bar in Xcode window choose BasiliskII > Edit Scheme... and make sure the Build Configuration is set to "Release" for all five.
6. Choose Build from the Product menu.


The most recent build had just only one scheme (Kanijatalk just confirmed that.
The version with 5 schemes, I am also able to build. But more recent versions with just one scheme fail with same error messages as with RichCini‘s builds.

I feel the merger to just one scheme might have triggered something, effecting not all Xcode IDEs.
My other Mac builds OK, but now I am on the road and rely on your compilations.

So all good. - I am so glad, that AppleTalk is supported that I couldn‘t stop smiling all Sunday! 8D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:10 pm 
Offline
Expert User
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:24 pm
Posts: 5849
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
KnuddlMac wrote:
The most recent build had just only one scheme (Kanijatalk just confirmed that.

I didn't say that there are five schemes. There is only one scheme "BasiliskII" and when you choose "Edit Scheme..." you will see five items that can be set to either Debug or Release.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:47 pm 
Offline
Tinkerer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:32 am
Posts: 77
Ronald P. Regensburg wrote:
KnuddlMac wrote:
The most recent build had just only one scheme (Kanijatalk just confirmed that.

I didn't say that there are five schemes. There is only one scheme "BasiliskII" and when you choose "Edit Scheme..." you will see five items that can be set to either Debug or Release.


All good, we‘re on the same page.
On one machine all compiles OK. On the other, reports from RichCini match 100%.
I‘m on the road again for this week and can‘t drive detailed comparisons. Plus on the bad side, I don‘t have the system in my luggage, that compiles OK. - But I have a atalkd Linux machine with me to also get my MacBook familiar with the new bytes being offered.

Still interesting why the compilation fails. But I did work with different MacOS SDK versions compiling KEXTs over the past months. Just interesting, that RichChini observed an identical experience.

Looking into similar error reports, the ocean is wide. - I think it‘s not worth drilling to the details.
Right now we have the necessary binary at hand and that counts.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:07 pm 
Offline
Forum All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:11 am
Posts: 2841
Location: Emaculation.com
Regarding Thunderbolt and bridge0 -- has anyone attempted to toss tap0 into bridge0 along with en0? I figure that Thunderbolt is addressable even though most people don't connect over it, but that should at least allow local instances to talk to each other over the tap device.

Of course, if you actually use ethernet-over-tb, this means it'll now be bridged to these other virtual devices -- but that shouldn't be a problem for most people.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:32 am 
Offline
Tinkerer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:32 am
Posts: 77
adespoton wrote:
Regarding Thunderbolt and bridge0 -- has anyone attempted to toss tap0 into bridge0 along with en0? I figure that Thunderbolt is addressable even though most people don't connect over it, but that should at least allow local instances to talk to each other over the tap device.


Yes, I tried it and it works.

adespoton wrote:
Of course, if you actually use ethernet-over-tb, this means it'll now be bridged to these other virtual devices -- but that shouldn't be a problem for most people.


Might be a bit forward and back through the tunnel and finally onto the IP stack, but I don't complain. The bits are fast enough and I enjoy the added connectivity. J

Elyus provided an interesting article (page 4 of this post) about OpenVPN and how traffic could be tunneled for using WiFi.
https://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/br ... rver_setup
That would be my next thing to be solved, as I am mostly running around with a wireless MacBook. But the instructions are exhaustive and maybe a project for silent Christmas days. - So a long time to go...


Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Added link to the referenced article


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote Post a reply  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 5 of 5 [ 110 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
 

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group