Fullscreen for games

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

starfiretbt
Mac Mechanic

Fullscreen for games

Post by starfiretbt »

I've noticed some games I remember being fullscreen are windowed in Basilisk. The latest example I have played is "Super Munchers." Is there a setting somewhere to make a game fullscreen? I noticed some games come with a folder called "system folder" is that something to do with it? I know with "Windows" there is a program called "IntegerScaler" that can make a program that is small larger is there anything like that for mac games?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Fullscreen for games

Post by adespoton »

starfiretbt wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:12 pm I've noticed some games I remember being fullscreen are windowed in Basilisk. The latest example I have played is "Super Munchers." Is there a setting somewhere to make a game fullscreen? I noticed some games come with a folder called "system folder" is that something to do with it? I know with "Windows" there is a program called "IntegerScaler" that can make a program that is small larger is there anything like that for mac games?
It probably depends on the screen resolution you've set in BII. If a game has a set resolution of 640x480 and you run it on a 1024x768 virtual monitor, it'll be windowed. If you change your resolution to 640x480 and make BII full screen, you'll get full screen in all its pixellated glory. If you turn on the new blitting feature in BII, you can go 2x and make THAT BII full screen, and get slightly less pixellation.
starfiretbt
Mac Mechanic

Post by starfiretbt »

I do set my Basilisk to 1024x768. I reset it and it did work better thank you. Is there a way to tell what a game is set to or is it just trial and error?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

starfiretbt wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:44 pm I do set my Basilisk to 1024x768. I reset it and it did work better thank you. Is there a way to tell what a game is set to or is it just trial and error?
It's usually in the game documentation. Standard sizes are 512x384, 640x480 and 800x600. After that, graphics acceleration showed up and changed the game.