Running Wingz

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

wa6vvv
Space Cadet

Running Wingz

Post by wa6vvv »

I have a number of old Wingz files I need to access. I have Basilisk II up and running. Several games and WriteNow both work fine. However, when I start Wingz it just gives an error dialog of "File not found [-43]". How do I figure out what is missing? I see that at least one person has it working so it must be possible.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Running Wingz

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

I tried Wingz donwloaded from Macintosh Garden site. It works fine here in BasiliskII. Was Wingz installed correctly? In the folder that comtains Wingz, you need also two additional files DG and WZScript. If one or both of these files is missing, you get the -43 errot message.
wa6vvv
Space Cadet

Post by wa6vvv »

The WZScript file is there, but the DG file is not. I don't recall where I found the distribution, but will see if I can find the one you mentioned.
wa6vvv
Space Cadet

Post by wa6vvv »

Well I found the Mac Garden installer and it starts up, but creates an IMG file which it then can't open because it can't find disc copy. I donloaded disk copy 6 and it has the same problem.
wa6vvv
Space Cadet

Post by wa6vvv »

I got it running. Thanks for all the information. The problem was you have to run disk copy first to agree to something. Then it start up. Wingz now works properly and I have accessed the first of my old financial files.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

You should not need to use DiskCopy. The preferred way to mount disk image files in BasiliskII, is to add the image file to the volumes list in the GUI.