Blocky/edgy desktop on newest version

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

swapjim
Student Driver

Blocky/edgy desktop on newest version

Post by swapjim »

When I start the newest version in fullscreen I get a blocky/edgy desktop. The best way to describe is a photo:

Notice the desktop pattern, the text, and the window title's lines.

If I do Alt+Enter twice (it'll go into window and then back again to fullscreen) or if I start in window mode and then go fullscreen, the problem goes away. When the problem is present the screenshot will be at my display's full resolution. When the problem goes away, the screenshot is at the resolution I run the emulator (usually 1024x768). If I run the emulator with max resolution, the problem is not present.

This problem also wasn't present in the previous version of BasiliskII. I upgraded because in the older version, doing something on the network crashes the emulator. The HDD image I use is the same I used with the previous version of BasiliskII and it was a fresh install of System 7.6.1 I did myself.

I'm running BasiliskII 27-02-2021 (found here) in Windows 7 64-bit SP1.

Is there a way to not have this without me going to window and back?
kanjitalk755
Apple Corer

Re: Blocky/edgy desktop on newest version

Post by kanjitalk755 »

I have fixed. Please wait for next build.
swapjim
Student Driver

Post by swapjim »

Great!

Two questions and a request:

1. Will it be arriving within the next 2 months?

2. The builds in this topic come from your fork of macemu?

3. Would be great if you made source release snapshots that correspond to the builds on that topic. So if I have a build that works I can also get that specific source snapshot for my archive.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

I can answer your two questions:

1. Yes, normally in the next few days. But if you are pressed for time you can also follow our compiling guide to create your own builds: https://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/co ... r_basilisk
2. Yes.

Best,
Cat_7
swapjim
Student Driver

Post by swapjim »

Alright! I can wait a few days, of course!

It's a great job on networking. It works flawlessly and doesn't crash the emu. That's a huge bonus! I can try so many apps with this! That's the reason I'm upgrading from the older version.
kanjitalk755
Apple Corer

Post by kanjitalk755 »

swapjim wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:57 pm 3. Would be great if you made source release snapshots that correspond to the builds on that topic. So if I have a build that works I can also get that specific source snapshot for my archive.
If you save only the commit hash, you can get any version of the source from GitHub.

@Cat_7
When releasing the binary, I suggest to write the commit hash along with the build date.