Ethernet in OS X port of Basilisk II

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

macomrade
Space Cadet

Ethernet in OS X port of Basilisk II

Post by macomrade »

Hi,
I've been playing around with Basilisk II for OS X lately and have been running into trouble when trying to get the ethernet/networking to work under the hardware tab in the prefs. I haven't any clue where to look for the information at. Everything else appears to be located in the /dev/ folder and I've looked there, but I don't reconize anything contained that would be ethernet related...? Can anyone assist me?

Thanks,
Jason

(PS, I was also wondering if anyone knows if the sound emulation works in the OS X port or not, mine doesn't and I am hopeing it is just me ;-)
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Re: Ethernet in OS X port of Basilisk II

Post by PPC_Digger »

macomrade wrote:Hi,
I've been playing around with Basilisk II for OS X lately and have been running into trouble when trying to get the ethernet/networking to work under the hardware tab in the prefs. I haven't any clue where to look for the information at. Everything else appears to be located in the /dev/ folder and I've looked there, but I don't reconize anything contained that would be ethernet related...? Can anyone assist me?

Thanks,
Jason

(PS, I was also wondering if anyone knows if the sound emulation works in the OS X port or not, mine doesn't and I am hopeing it is just me ;-)
No clue about sound emulation, but I know that in OSX, ethernet devices are called en+number (e.g. en0, en1).
Hope it helps.