Installing Software from CD

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

jeffy777
Space Cadet

Installing Software from CD

Post by jeffy777 »

Alright, I have the CD rom working, now I'm trying to install Adobe Pagemaker from a CD. When I put the CD in, an Audio icon is placed on the desktop, but the auto run menu doesn't open for Pagemaker. How can I install this software? I'm new to this kind of Mac stuff, so please bear with me.....
jeffy777
Space Cadet

Post by jeffy777 »

hear I go solving my own problems again :) I just needed to resart my computer, and then when I loaded up Basilisk II again, the auto run started right away.
FridayChild
Student Driver

Post by FridayChild »

It's not that this forum doesn't need new threads; in facts with all this PearPC frenzy going around it has been sleepy for quite a while now, but what about reading the FAQs, browsing this forum and making a couple of attempts before posting a question? :wink:
OK, I don't want to be nasty. If you have some other problem, I'll be glad to help if I can. :)
jeffy777
Space Cadet

Post by jeffy777 »

i searched the forum before i ever posted and I read through the entire beginners guide, so please don't give me any flak :wink: I may have missed the answer, but I had been working on this all day when I posted, so I thought maybe some kind fellow would lend a hand. Great site BTW!
jeffy777
Space Cadet

Post by jeffy777 »

arrgh, the dang pagemaker keeps crashing.......unrecoverable errors or something. My PC is up to speed, 2.66 P4, loads of RAM.

Would a different Emulator perform better?
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

It may run better on either Fusion PC or SoftMac, though Fusion PC requires DOS (or Windows 9x\Me) and SoftMac may screw up your hard drive image and possibly hard drive (according to Rob S.).

More likely it is some Mac extension problem or possibly a configuration problem in BasiliskIIGUI.

First thing you want to do is run Apple Disk Tools on your hard drive file (HDF) using another boot disk. If you don't know what I mean, we can explain further.

If ATM is installed via PageMaker, try disabling it using the Extensions Manager control panel.

On the General tab of the Basilisk II GUI Configuration Manager (BasiliskIIGUI.exe), make sure a Model ID of 14 is selected.
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

Mac Emu wrote:More likely it is some Mac extension problem or possibly a configuration problem in BasiliskIIGUI.
If it's some mac extension problem, then you should try booting with extensions disabled (by pressing and holding shift when the small mac logo appears until it says "Extensions disabled").