PalmOS port of Basilisk possible?

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

peterrules4eva

PalmOS port of Basilisk possible?

Post by peterrules4eva »

I was just wondering if it mite be possible to create a port of Basilisk II to PalmOS.

The palm pilot has a type of 68K processor (the palm emulators processor core is the same UAE one as basilisk) so it could be possible to run it sorta nativley.

I relise palm is a very limited platform to develop for - but surely we mite be able to have 512K Mac Emu or somethin (use the Mac Classic rom with mac os 6 built in :wink: ).

Anyways just an idea...
rob_squared
Carpe Nox

Post by rob_squared »

*has nightmares*
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

*has hardon*

Porting Mini vMac would be easier.

PS: Pardon my darekese.
peterrules4eva

Post by peterrules4eva »

Yes i was thinking something smaller like WORM or similar. Start at 512K mac emu on palm?

Well i'll submit the ideas to some developers - and depending on wat they say I might have a go at it myself (the only emu i have written was a quater-finished nes emu).

Who knows - we might be staying at a smily mac on our palm (complete with scrollbars).
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Source code for Worm is not available unless you talk Darek into letting you have it. (Darek <=> Worm)

I'll add that I fit the Windows version of Mini-vMac, a Mac Plus ROM and a bootable HDF on a 1.44 MB floppy.

There has been work done on a clone of MS-DOS that works on the latest Palm devices.

Post by Guest »

Oops - yeah - lol - i forgot about WORM not being open source :oops:. I've had a very quick look at mini Vmac - and it looks cool.

Did u mean there is a dos version of MiniVmac that works on Palm os - or a dos emu...
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

A DOS emulator. It shows a prompt where simple DOS commands can be run. I don't think it runs DOS applications.

rob_squared
Carpe Nox

Post by rob_squared »

Does anyone see the irony of having a "Disk Operating System" on a system WITHOUT A DISK?
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

Irony abounds

Post by The Balance Of Judgement »

yet still people do the impossible :)

I have myself a HP 200LX and all it has a ram disk and the thing came with DOS 5.

Still no disk there hehe..look ma! no disk!

cool.

:P:)
peterrules4eva2

Post by peterrules4eva2 »

well i started porting mini vMac across to palm - but got stuck allocating memory.

if any palm developers wanna help me please email me at peterrules4eva@hotmail.com.

anyways - while it might be possible to do (esp now that theres ARM based palms with higher res screens) - i dont have the skill to do such a thing.