Basilisk freezing on Windows when switchin from Windows to B

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

CFran2
Mac Mechanic

Basilisk freezing on Windows when switchin from Windows to B

Post by CFran2 »

OK

#1 Problem, when runnin Basilisk, and when i do things such as browsin internet on windows or chattin, often when i go back to baslisk, well i cant, it says this program doesnt respond and all that... so i gotta kill it... anyone knows how to fix it? i found out that priorites were a way to work around that (let givin Ethernet max Priority to provide it stability), but its not fixin anything

#2 problem, in Basilisk, when renaming a file (in mac OS 7.5.3) then the Finder freezes. same when lookin at the info of a file and then closing the window

#3 problem. in Netscape 4 in baslisk, when startin, at the stage it starts some network services, it crashes and says "unimplement trap" with a Restart button. Netscape used to work tho. what are those "unimplemented trap" errors due to??
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

You are either running XP with the default theme installed, or you need to set your ports to a file instead of COM1, etc. Both seem to cause lockups when switching from Basilisk II to Windows or visa-versa.

The rest of your problems are probably due to a configuration setting. Make sure you set the ModelID to 14 (on the General tab). If it is, then we will have to further investigate. But the majority of instabilities I've seen with Basilisk II is caused by using a different ModelID.

PS: Once you get things running, make sure to run Apple Disk Tools to repair your disk.
Last edited by Mac Emu on Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CFran2
Mac Mechanic

Post by CFran2 »

thx for reply. well, changing the ModelID to 14 (i use a Centris 650 ROM tho, most stable i have) it didnt change anything.

anyways, that port thing seems to be workin. :) that was my main problem so thank you very much