Does fullscreen work?

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

buchacho
Student Driver

Does fullscreen work?

Post by buchacho »

I am using version 1.0 in Linux. Fullscreen causes a major crash which cannot be recovered. Are there settings that I can make to make it fullscreen, this would be ideal as it's hard to see graphics/text otherwise.

Thanks!
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

I don't think I've ever heard nything about fullscreen not working.

Sorry, but I'm not sure what could be wrong. Have you checked all the graphics settings in linux and basiliskII?
buchacho
Student Driver

Post by buchacho »

I don't think my Linux settings are the problem. Do both the desktop and Basilisk have to be set to the same resolution/refresh rate?

Could someone who's using Basilisk under Linux post their prefs file for running it in fullscreen? Or list what their settings are in the GUI control?

Thanks!
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

I've only used BII on windows and BeOS and I've never had any problem running BII in a different resolution to the OS.
buchacho
Student Driver

Post by buchacho »

I actually can't get the windows version to work either. I'm using windows XP and set the program to run DirectX fullscreen, but it just opens Basilisk with a window at the resolution that I specify.

Any tricks to solving this on the windows (XP) side? This might also give me insight into running fullscreen in Linux.
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

I don't think that there are know issueas with BII fullscreen in WinXP. Could it be your graphics card?
sshrugg
Inquisitive Elf

Post by sshrugg »

The latest build of Basilisk for Windows has some cool things like changing video modes on the fly, and it's said to be faster with benchmark tests. I don't use it, however, because it doesn't yet support Full-screen mode. From what I gather, people are working on this, but it's not in there. I'm not sure if this applies to the Linux version as well, or not. You should check out this thread for discussion on the fullscreen problem, and links to older builds of Basilisk that do support full-screen displays.

I'm not sure if your linux problem is linked to this or not, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised. There's a ton of posts on the forum about new versions of Basilisk, and their strengths/fallbacks. Look around a bit.

Hope I helped! :wink:
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

So if he's using a newer version, that'll explain why I don't have the problem. Try downloading the last version is known to be working. I'm sure there will be a link somewhere.
buchacho
Student Driver

Post by buchacho »

So just to clarify:

The latest version of Basilisk (as of now 1.0) has been confirmed not to work with fullscreen for either Windows or Linux. To be able to run fullscreen, I have to revert to an older version that does not use SDL, however, it can be a version built with JIT.
sshrugg
Inquisitive Elf

Post by sshrugg »

*nods* right on.
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

Good Luck.
Dark Goob
Space Cadet

cyrsir fr33zes

Post by Dark Goob »

Sometimes I have cursor freezes in Full Screen mode under OS X 10.4.5.

To eliminate this effect, move the cursor around a lot during the boot-up process. Apparently if you don't, it gets stuck, or something, although occasioanlly it will appear to have moved.

-=DG=-