Basilisk II and Cable Modem

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Royksopp

Basilisk II and Cable Modem

Post by Royksopp »

Hi, i downloaded Basilisk II with MacOS8.1 on Hotline last year burned it to a cd and never got a chance to play with it... So now that i have the time to mess with it i decided to install it! I got everything to work except i don't have Internet Explorer? i tryed searching on google for it but i had no luck... All i could find were the ppc versions, and one which was 68k i downloaded that one and when i copied it to the MacOS8.1 drive it gave me an error. Anyone think they can uh... post a link to a version that works with Basilisk II? :o also im not sure how i would set up my cable modem with it... I tryed the link on this page but i got a This page cannot be displayed error! :roll: please helppppp 8O
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

You can find IE 4.0.1 in a number of places such as at Emaculation, my site ( http://run.to/mes ) or even a Hotline server like Duckie's ( hotline://24.27.234.216 ).

The page you reference has been offline for quite some time. If you aren't using a proxy on a LAN, try using Basilisk II for Windows' NAT feature explained here: http://gamma.nic.fi/~lpesonen/BasiliskI ... r_FAQ.html
Royksopp

Post by Royksopp »

Ok i downloaded IE 4 from your website, and also stuffit expander... i then copied them to the volume on HFVExplorer. Everything went fine! but now when i goto install IE 4 i get an error sayin that there is not enough space left on this drive? well... it turns out that the MacOS8 HFV file is only 40mb! i then decided to make a new volume and then copy all the files over to it! it didnt work... all i got was a question mark. So is there any way i can resize the HFV file with MacOS8 on it?
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Just use two disk images. Create another one through the Basilisk II GUI, and load both of them. Install to the bigger...
all

Post by all »

Are you sure you're not extracting the binary in windows and tossing out the resource fork in the process? The file will be unusable if you do that.
Hightech

Getting on the internet with ADSL/cable

Post by Hightech »

first you must enable the router module in basiliskII
Then you must download a proxy server, I use the analogx proxy
Next you boot up basiliskII
and you set up TCP/IP
there you choose manual
the subnetmask and router IP are found by running winipcfg (start - run - winipcfg)
you fill these in
as for your ip
if your router ip is e.g. 80.200.83.62 the you may use 80.200.83.*
you close tcp/ip
save settings
then you set your browser up
you choose your preferences ( in netscape )
proxy
Http proxy is your router ip on port 6588
https proxy idem
socks proxy is on port 1080
ftp proxy is on port 21
you close it
you restart your browser
and your internet works
Hightech :idea: