Minimum Pixel depth error

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

km2
Space Cadet

Minimum Pixel depth error

Post by km2 »

I have never seen an error like this, I have tried many different resolutions and color depth, but it will still have the same problem. Going back to the older version of Basilisk II fixed it. Anyone have the same problem or any ideas on how to overcome this, besides sticking to the older version?
km2
Space Cadet

Post by km2 »

NVM, solved
ataxy
Master Emulator

Post by ataxy »

you should always post your solution might help others
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

Yeah. I've never had that error message before so it'd be interesting to see what caused it.
km2
Space Cadet

Post by km2 »

Well its more like a user error (didnt read that small bit of info at the top). It seems that DirectX only supports 16bit and up. Only windows GDI can support all the color modes, but slower.

EDIT: DirectX Windowed only allows 15bit and up.
DirectX Fullscreen allows all the colors

Also, is there a way to do a video capture of Basilisk
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Windows Media Encoder and the Microsoft Producer (for PowerPoint) can record desktop video for free.

There are a number of retail programs that can do the same, like Camtasia Studio and FRAPS.
km2
Space Cadet

Post by km2 »

Mac Emu wrote:Windows Media Encoder and the Microsoft Producer (for PowerPoint) can record desktop video for free.

There are a number of retail programs that can do the same, like Camtasia Studio and FRAPS.
I tried fraps, but no display mode in Basklisk will work with it. I will try camtasia though.