Ethernet drivers under Windows Xp

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

hawk
Space Cadet

Ethernet drivers under Windows Xp

Post by hawk »

How can install Ethernet drivers of Basilisk II under Windows XP Pro Sp2?
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure.

Go to Start | Settings | Network and Dial-up Connections:

Right-click the network connection (NIC) for which you want to install (and enable) the Basilisk II protocol for, and click Properties. The following window should appear:

Then do the following:

Click Install.
Click Protocol | Add.
In the Select Network Protocol dialog box, click Have Disk and browse to where the Basilisk II Ethernet files are then click Open.
Verify that the Basilisk II Ethernet Driver check box is selected, and then click OK.
Now you can select your card in the BasiliskIIGUI (it's a long hexidecimal number).

I recommend installing the Open Transport 1.1.2 update if you are using System 7.5.x on Basilisk II.
hawk
Space Cadet

Post by hawk »

i do not have ethernet but only ADSL USB modem and i want use it like ethernet
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

That would have been useful to know before I responded to you. :roll:

I've never had an ADSL modem so I can't say it's in\possible. I do know that Basilisk II and 68k Macs do not support standard USB devices (directly - I believe USB printers may be supported if mapping to LPT directly). I haven't heard anything about SheepShaver supporting USB devices, so that's probably not an option either.

But I remember now there had been an earlier discussion (a few years ago) on this forum and the Unofficial Basilisk II and SheepShaver forum about using an ADSL connection with the Ethernet drivers, and I think there was success. You can try hunting the thread(s) down.

If you just want to get Basilisk II on the Internet, use the built-in NAT\Router to share your Windows connection instead of Ethernet. Ethernet is only really needed for AppleTalk networking IIRC, which the NAT\Router doesn't provide.