Can't boot Starterdisk and MacOS

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

honza

Can't boot Starterdisk and MacOS

Post by honza »

Hello,
I've downloaded Basillisk II from macemulation website and I have some problems with that, so I'd like to ask you for help. I've downloaded a Mac emulation Starter (I don't have MacOS CD-ROM or boot floppy, but I've downloaded 7.5.3 MacOS and 7.5.5 and 8.1 Upgrade) from the same site and also a 1MB ROM file which was recognized as 32-bit clean Mac II Rom from Quadra 605 or LC/Performa 475/575. In Basillisk GUI I've created 200MB hard disk file (New.HFV), so there are 3 items on the list of installed disks (Starterdisk.hfv - the topmost, New.HFV and C:\). Anyway, when I run GUI and hit "run", MacOS doesn't boot and I see only a white disk/blinking question mark icon. I have a machine with Pentium II 350 and 128 MB RAM and that stupid Windows 98. Please, could you help me and tell me what I do wrong? Thank you very much.

Honza
honza.calta@atlas.cz
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Hendikins
Student Driver

Post by Hendikins »

Would you be able to send me a decompiled version of that? :)

hendikins at mozdev dot org :)
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

The source is still available on my projects page: http://mes.emuunlim.com/projects/
macmoron
Inquisitive Elf

another suggestion

Post by macmoron »

I know of a couple of people that had that problem because they are looking at the right listbox (AVALIBLE disks) and they need to be on the left. That sounds stupid, but it's confused a couple people so thought I'd post it.