CDs in basilisk II mac os 8.1

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

javier_garza4
Tinkerer

CDs in basilisk II mac os 8.1

Post by javier_garza4 »

basilisk two cant read ANY CD i put in my drive, not even music CDs. It used to when i was using system 7.5.3 and 7.5.5. Can someone please help me?????????
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

drivers

Post by The Balance Of Judgement »

Well first off, some drives behave differently in Mac OS. Myself, I use ASPI within windows and load my cd drives as SCSI devices within Basilisk.

I then can change the drive ID, such as Maker and Model Number so that Mac OS will recognize it. But I also use CD-ROM SpeedTools which will give you access to most CD's.

What method are you using to use your CD drive in Basilisk? Did you use the "CD" Tab in the setup program or are you using the SCSI tab?

I find that the SCSI one works quite well because Mac OS sees the drive as a real SCSI device on the chain....which means you could actually boot from a CD. (You may be able to boot from the CD other ways too, but I have not tried it)

Tell us more about what CD drive you use and how it is setup within Basilisk and maybe we can help a bit more.
javier_garza4
Tinkerer

Post by javier_garza4 »

i have it in cd mode, ill try changing it.
javier_garza4
Tinkerer

Post by javier_garza4 »

can you send me a copy of your basilisk II prefs so i can compare them, cause i dont know how to install the scsi drives.
javier_garza4
Tinkerer

Post by javier_garza4 »

i have a: TEAC CD W45E and a: LITEON CD-ROM LTN485S those are my drives names, now what do i do to renme them so that mac os can read them and what do i rename them???