Newbie that cannot install software here. Pls help!

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

facundosuarez
Space Cadet

Newbie that cannot install software here. Pls help!

Post by facundosuarez »

Hello.

Out of computer freak curiosity I decided to install Basilisk2 and I followed the directions on a webpage that explained how to get OS 7.5.3 from the apple site and hey, I achieved it!!! :-)

Now that I can boot my "mac" I wanted to try some software to be able to "feeeel" the OS and the computer. The thing is that every piece of software I got from the web, from an image viewer to an MP3 player is not working! I get to un-stuff the file and the folders appear the program files seem to be there. But whenever I click on an appln icon I get "ERROR 192".

So far the only thing I was able to install is Internet Explorer 3... that worked beautifully with my ADSL connection thanks to your page. Yes I can access the internet with my emulated mac! greeeat.

Thanks!
doh!
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Congratulations, you is a Mac emulationist. :P

Error -192 means the program is PPC-only.

I created a site that contains over a hundred 68k Mac programs that I've tested under Basilisk II and Fusion PC here: http://mes.emuunlim.com/software/index.htm

Post by . »

thanks a lot man! Downloading stuff now.....

:)
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Great. BTW, I haven't updated any of the non-emulator software for a good two years, so if you like any of the shareware/freeware, you might want to check Download.com or some other place for updated 68k versions.

GraphicConverter is probably the most popular graphics software for the Mac.
rob_squared
Carpe Nox

Post by rob_squared »

I agree, it does some pretty useful stuff.