New Version Of Basilsik II Installer Soon!

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

New Version Of Basilsik II Installer Soon!

Post by The Balance Of Judgement »

I am doing some heavy duty research on Basilisk II and extras that will help Basilisk II run better.

Some items that will be in future releases:

-Optional RAM Disk Utility to create a Virtual Hard Disk which can be used with ASPI and mounted as a SCSI Device. (Supports Saving drive after exit)

-ASPI Drivers for NT & 9x

-A List of codes and other Apple/Vendor information for users who use CD-Drives not natively supported by Mac OS. (Using Basilisk II's replace SCSI ID Feature)

- A Virtual CD Application that you can use to mount virtual images. (I am researching if Toast Images can be mounted)

- Possibility of a hard drive image system that will allow you to create virtuals disks in Windows and mount them as SCSI devices. (My friend has an old utility)

-List of tools and other items that can help.

- Small HFS drive image with common freeware utilities that are freely available such as Stuffit Exapnder Installers and other items that come in handy. (No boot volume, just utils)

-I submitted an official request to InTech to release a special 68k version of thier tool, "CD-ROM SpeedTools" at no cost for 68k users. If they agree, that will be included.

There will probably be more, so this is a small taste of what I have been working at.
M*K
Student Driver

New installer

Post by M*K »

That's great. Cool to see new features in mac emulation.

Can you make an installer that will install both Basilisk II and his JIT version ? I use to swap between them depending the application.

I also think of a graphical "Mac browser" for easily launching different "virtual macs", only by changing the BII preferences. I find it bad to constantly changing my BII prefs in the GUI. I'm sure it could be easily done in Java.

Your opinion ?
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

Installer

My current installer available from sourceforge.net installs both and keeps them in seperate directories so each has it's own unique preferences file.

As for the extra options, I'm not sure what I can do, but I may have a small solution of types, I will check to see what tools I have.

But please don't expect anything complicated as I do not have the experience with programming projects of that level.
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

Updates

Updates For Installer:

10MB HFV Volume with tools:

Disk Copy, Internet Explorer 2, Expander 5.5, Startup Screens, Misc 68k Updates, Fetch 3 and other files.

Pre-made preferences so users don't have to fool around with settings. (still require some settings such as ROM, Disks etc.)

New pre-install dialogues to assist the user in knowing about Basilisk and options.

A Beta launcher system with a graphical menu to launch various versions of BII or utils.

If you have any questions, comments etc., let me know. In a bit i will post a beta here, it may not 100% work cause i am working on the looks first..

'-)
M*K
Student Driver

Post by M*K »

Very good. I'll have a try when it will be released.