printing

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

ondesx

printing

Post by ondesx »

Hi guys,

As everybody knows one way to print in BII is to use the print2pdf driver. The pdf file can then be printed on evry printer including ink jet models. I've an HP deskjet 930 attached through USB to my Windows XP Pro PC computer runing the BII build 142. Everything works fine but the printing... I'll print directly to my HP Deskjet 930. Anyone knows how to do this ?

Thank you very much for your help !
superpete

Post by superpete »

I print to an HP LaserJet connected via ethernet to a Windows 2000 server from Basilisk II over AppleTalk. If possible get your USB printer hooked up to an nt4/2000 server with Macintosh Services, and connect to it through that (a bit overkill i know).
ondesx

printing

Post by ondesx »

Hi Superpete,

First thank u for your feedback. I understand how to print through the ethernet hard and software, but it's not my present difficulty. I must precise that my wish is to print on the HP 930 Deskjet attached to my PC through USB AND Basilisk II B. 142 is running on this computer !...

I suppose one way is to attached the printer via a parallèle port (LPT for example) and install the mac drivers in the BII emulator... But I'm not sure this would work and I would like to know if it's a way to go using my present configuration (I mean w/ USB link)...

Again thanks for your support and I still remain open to any other suggestion,

Best Regards,

OndesX
MaxFrames

Different port, same problem

Post by MaxFrames »

I'm not sure if connecting your printer to the parallel port would solve the issue. I'm not able to print to LPT1 on an Epson Stylus (as you can read I have started a thread on this). I'm stuck with Print2PDF. Maybe it has something to do with the port mode as set in the BIOS (possibly Basilisk II doesn't support ECP/EPP modes, but it's only a guess).
OndesX

printing

Post by OndesX »

Hi Max!

I think finally it's a problem of driver an configuration of the LPT1 in the BII config tool...

Hope it'll work soon !

Yours,

OndesX
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

USB

Post by The Balance Of Judgement »

Just a quick note that any printer on the USB port you won't be able to use in Mac OS cause Basilisk will not understand the USB port since os 8.1 the last OS for 68k did not have USB support, so if you try, you will need to have it on the normal LPT port.
ondesx

final solution...

Post by ondesx »

Hi all,

Finally it works fine with the Chris' driver and the printer installed on the parallel port. You just have to check the correct option in the interface control... Really an amazing emulator ! Definetely !

OndesX

Post by Guest »

That's great! Where can I get Chris' driver and can you provide more details about how you configured things?