Problems with Basilisk II under XP

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Sp@ce Boy
Space Cadet

Problems with Basilisk II under XP

Post by Sp@ce Boy »

Hi. I'm new to this site and forums. I cannot believe I didn't find it earlier. From reading some of the posts I can see that a lot of other people here like myself have been waiting for a PPC emulator too. Anyway down to the problem.

I'm running XP Pro and Basilisk II refuses to run smoothly. Whenever I try to boot it up it nearly lock-ups it is so slow and I have to crtl-alt-delete it. The Mac HDD is the problem since I have tried using one which I know that works. I have tried using compatibility mode with no success and reinstalling basilisk didn't help either. On sourforge someone else did post a similar problem but noone replies there.

Anyone here having the same problem or know of a fix?

PS I am not using JIT
Sp@ce Boy
Space Cadet

Post by Sp@ce Boy »

Meh you can just delete this topic I solved both problems.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

If you want to run it in a window, use WindowsGDI instead of DirectX (at 256 colors). What you describe is a known limitation of Basilisk II. It cannot change resolutions on-the-fly like Fusion PC can.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

You must be new to the forums because I've been answering questions I know how to solve both here and on SourceForge daily.