always get 9 fps

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

emodel

always get 9 fps

Post by emodel »

hi

i run latest (i guess) basilisk version. I tried jit and non-jit, but whatever my settings are (sound or not/processor/windowed or fullscreen....) i always get 9 fps, which is far from beeing smooth.
I use the system 7.5.5 (was the same with 8.1).

I run windows xp-amd1800xp-512mb ram-gf2mx.

Some people here talk about black hammer version, what is this ?

many thanks
emodel
Student Driver

Re: always get 9 fps

Post by emodel »

ok i downloaded black hammer package, now its ok.
Dont understand.
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

Black Hammer

Post by The Balance Of Judgement »

Black Hammer Edition has a pre-compiled configuration file that fixes that issue. What it is is that you have to tell Basilisk to give more CPU time to graphics.

I had that the first time I ran Basilisk too.
emodel
Student Driver

Post by emodel »

ok thanks
Is it in the "priorities" section ? Is it GUI or GDI ? (so we have to set it to "above normal").

Oh...and thank you very much for your black hammer package !!
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

Video Updates

Post by The Balance Of Judgement »

Yes, it's the section where you configure priorities. I have tested a few of the different options like GUI, DirectX etc., although if you want to toggle these settings go ahead, but do keep in mind that you can leave some items as normal like Linear Frame Buffer, since that is only used in NT, and even if you use NT, DirectX gives better performance and is the only option for running Basilisk II in a window which I do all the time.

Have fun, and hopefully I will be updating the BlackHammer installer soon, I have some nice new additions and hopefully a few bugs to squish. ;-)
emodel
Student Driver

Post by emodel »

thank you very much for those informations :)