Why is My MAC HD in starupdisk and why is My Apple icon...

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Masta Ace

Why is My MAC HD in starupdisk and why is My Apple icon...

Post by Masta Ace »

Why is My MAC HD in starupdisk and why is My Apple icon still black color looking, Im using Basilisk and have MAC OS 7.5.5, what's wrong and I cant still go to the internet with FreePPP, after I connect I use Internet Explorer 2.1 and when I search for a web page it says "Theres not such HTTP:// or PAge" whats the problem? :( :(
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

Troubles

Post by The Balance Of Judgement »

Why is My MAC HD in starupdisk
To be honest I have no clue what you are talking about. Try and be more specific, describing what you see and what happens.

As for the apple icon, go into the Control panel and open the 'Monitors" Control Panel and make sure "Colors" is selected. By default Basilisk II somehow gets set to Greyscale.

For your internet troubles, why not just use the router feature? Establish your dial-up connection in windows, then run Basilisk with the router active and you have no worries. Read up in the Basilisk Documents on using the router feature, it's much easier to use.
Masta Ace

Forget about that but about the internet, just don't work!

Post by Masta Ace »

I tried everything for the internet to work, FreePPP went to Emaculation, went to some other webpages that told me how to setup the internet using MACTCP and TPI/IP whatever! I cant just make this just work. Can you help me please!!!! About the Router can you explain more please!! :lol:
ClockWise
Site Admin

Re: Forget about that but about the internet, just don't wor

Post by ClockWise »

This is the router feature for getting online:

http://gamma.nic.fi/~lpesonen/BasiliskI ... r_FAQ.html

Works really well.
Masta Ace wrote:I tried everything for the internet to work, FreePPP went to Emaculation, went to some other webpages that told me how to setup the internet using MACTCP and TPI/IP whatever! I cant just make this just work. Can you help me please!!!! About the Router can you explain more please!! :lol:
Masta Ace

It doesnt work for Sh*t! Im pissed Off!

Post by Masta Ace »

It doesn't work nothing works, it's crap, I think I would never get online, my bad for the dissing but nothing works. :evil:
MaxFrames

Keep it cool!

Post by MaxFrames »

OK, let's see.
You can get your modem to dial and you can get online but you can't browse web pages?
Could it be you forgot to specify the DNS(s) address in the TCP/IP control panel?
Try to surf a web site by typing its IP address instead of the URL (try Google for instance: http://216.239.33.101). If you can view the site then you've found the problem. You've got to specify your provider's DNS address in the TCP/IP properties.
I would suggest you use a more recent browser. If you have a decently fast PC try Internet Explorer 4 (68k version). I've found that this is slow with pentium-class PCs so go for Netscape 3 if that is your case.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Masta Ace,

Did you install OS 7.5.5 yourself? If so, did you do a custom install?

For 7.5.x, you should also install the Open Transport 1.1.2 update found here.

Upon installing the OT update, then follow the steps in the NAT-Router FAQ which will work.