68K Software

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Thank you for the explanation, asakusa.

I'll try Musashi in the 142 build of Basilisk II, as you described. I've been looking for an email client that can meet my particular need (to get mail from my gmail account). Maybe Musashi has what I am looking for.
scrosati
Space Cadet

SYSTAT 5.2.1

Post by scrosati »

SYSTAT 5.2.1, which is one of the most complete, simple-to-use statistics programs ever.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Thanks for the recommendation, scrosati. Is there a freeware/shareware download of that you can point us to?
ClockWise
Site Admin

Re: 68K Software

Post by ClockWise »

I added the Macintosh-only RPG "Odyssey: The Legend of Nemesis" to our software collection. And thought I would bump this thread up in case anyone has any recommendations for the page. It hasn't been updated in some time!
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Here's a great drawing program I spotted on The Gyphel Project:

http://www.gryphel.com/c/sw/general/shardraw/index.html

I'm going to add it to the 68K software collection, and if I find some older versions, I will add them to the System 6 Hell collection (or I might just add the 90s version, since it is very cool).

Interestingly, I found no trace of this on the MacGUI Vault, the Usenet archive or on Macintosh Garden.
deer421
Student Driver

Post by deer421 »

Sorry if this has been asked before. I did a search and couldn't find answers.

How do I copy over .bin files into Basilisk II? I am running BasiliskII_27_08_2008 under Windows XP.

Thanks.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

If you enable the "My Computer" icon via the Basilisk II GUI you can browse your Windows file system and copy it over that way.
deer421
Student Driver

Post by deer421 »

I did that and when I doubled click the .bin files in Basilisk II. I got the following error:

The document "file.bin" could not be opened, because the application program that created it could not be found.

Could not find a translation extension with appropriate translators.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Instead of opening with a double click, try doing it manually via Stuffit's menu. Often files lose their type/creator codes when copied over.
deer421
Student Driver

Post by deer421 »

That works. Thank you!