Is it possible to have high speed internet access with B2?

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Is it possible to have high speed internet access with B2?

Post by Guest »

The requirements are stated as being:
OS 8.6 to 9.2
Power PC
32 MB RAM
100 MB free space
display with 256 colors at 800x600 resolution
Ethernet card
CD-ROM drive

I have all that except for the OS and the Power PC.(To my knowledge, there are no PPC emulators) Is there some way I can get high speed internet access?
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

If your PC has high speed access, you can use Basilisk II's NAT\Router feature to share your Windows connection, no matter what the Macintosh requirements are.

See http://gamma.nic.fi/~lpesonen/BasiliskI ... r_FAQ.html

Mind you, web browsing on Basilisk II is no faster then on a real 68k Mac (pretty slow no matter what the connection speed), but file downloads\uploads are just as fast under Basilisk II as under Windows.

Post by Guest »

OK, I checked the "Enable NAT/Router module" option. I also followed the instructions in the "How do I use it?" section of the NAT-Router FAQ document. My question is where is a "control panel" where I would be able to connect/disconnect?
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

There is no disconnect. If Windows is connected to the Internet, and you have Basilisk II setup correctly, you will be connected. Disable the NAT\Router feature using the BasiliskIIGUI before launching Basilisk II to prevent Basilisk II from accessing the Internet.