Having trouble with an "enhanced" CD

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

ethin
Space Cadet

Having trouble with an "enhanced" CD

Post by ethin »

I am using Basilisk II with System 7.5.5 in Windows Vista (64-bit) and trying to install an old game (Heroes II) from the CD. The CD is an "enhanced" CD, with data and audio (first "track" is data, the rest is audio). When I stick it in, just like Windows, Basilisk reads it as audio only.

I installed MacDrive to read the files on the disk, but when I try to move them to a volume in HFVExplorer, it doesn't keep the details (i.e., they are no longer binaries/executables when I open them in Basilisk).

I used ImgBurn to make a .bin/.cue of the file but can't find any 7.5.5 utilities that will mount .bin/.cue. I can't make an .iso because it is enhanced and ImgBurn doesn't like that for .iso files. I can't find any windows utilities that were made for ripping just the data "track".

Are there any suggestions for how I can get this to work?
prowler
Tinkerer

Re: Having trouble with an "enhanced" CD

Post by prowler »

ethin wrote:I used ImgBurn to make a .bin/.cue of the file but can't find any 7.5.5 utilities that will mount .bin/.cue. I can't make an .iso because it is enhanced and ImgBurn doesn't like that for .iso files. I can't find any windows utilities that were made for ripping just the data "track".

Are there any suggestions for how I can get this to work?
Hi ethin,

Download CDmage, which AFAIK works with Mac CDs, and use it to mount the .cue file you made with ImgBurn.
With CDmage, you should be able to delete the audio tracks, leaving you with just the data track, which CDmage could then convert to .iso for you, or you could burn it back to CD with ImgBurn for use in the emulator.