Appletalk?

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Jotu
Student Driver

Appletalk?

Post by Jotu »

In basilisk 2 I try to set up appletalk to work on Ethernet (I have PC Maclan 9 installed on my computer as I'm trying to access my network from MacOS). But every time i try to enable appletalk it just says it "Can't Be OPened" ive also gone into the control panel and it has some kind of crazy error with ethernet...

Anyone know why this is happening?
-Jotu
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Do you have any real Macs connected to the LAN that can access the PC? In other words, do you know how to setup a Mac for an AppleTalk network and do you have PCMacLAN configured properly? Are you trying to run Basilisk II on the same PC that's running PCMacLAN? What type of Mac did your ROM image come from? (Does the "More info:" section of the BasiliskIIGUI's Memory tab say that AppleTalk is not supported?)

There are so many steps needed to get this working and so many possible configuration problems. Check with Google on how to setup a Classic Mac OS up for AppleTalk if this is your first time. Make sure Basilisk II's Ethernet drivers are installed and Ethernet is enabled in the BasiliskIIGUI. If so choose Ethernet from the AppleTalk control panel.
Jotu
Student Driver

Post by Jotu »

Heh,

Turns out the ROM image i got off of my cousins mac can't support appletalk :s...shoulda noticed

Ok guess ill look arround on ebay or something for another mac to rip the rom off of :-p