ANOTHER OS8 PROBLEM (May be a virus however)

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

gobbo
Student Driver

ANOTHER OS8 PROBLEM (May be a virus however)

Post by gobbo »

After closing IE4 under OS8 a heard a long beep chain (like the motorola cingular cell phone) and now whenerver I push a keyboard button it beeps at me and the keypress won't register. Also after the last extension loads I hear a beep. I tried removing the last extension and it didn't work. Also when my BG loads the beep chain happens. PLEASE HELP ME!
Current Problem:
MacOS 8's Setup Assistant Crashing Basilisk II under WinXP Home
MaxFrames

mmm?

Post by MaxFrames »

MacOS viruses are of remote likeliness expecially if you don't connect to the Internet via Basilisk. But if you think it *could* be a virus, why don't you try to boot from another HFV drive image, or from a floppy, to see if the problem disappears; or why don't you scan your HFV for viruses with a tool right away?
Anyway, that sounds like a keyboard buffer overflow... sure your keyboard works? :)
gobbo
Student Driver

Post by gobbo »

I just copied everything exept the system folder to a new hfv and put 7.5.3 on the new one as well and reloaded 8.0 and the 8.1 upgrade and fixed it. I also DO use internet through B2 to save the hassle of putting my software in via HFVexplore.
Current Problem:
MacOS 8's Setup Assistant Crashing Basilisk II under WinXP Home