Basilisk II JIT Win32/Linux Updates

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Basilisk II JIT Win32/Linux Updates

Post by Guest »

In a matter of weeks I should completed a couple of major upgrades to Basilisk II like a completely revised audio system for both Win32/Linux along with some graphical enhancements to the GUI, I may update a couple of other things but the re-write of the audio system and the GUI enhancements are priority.

Any other requests I'd take into consideration.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Gwenole?

Post by Guest »

I'm not Gwenole, I just thought I'd give back something to the emulation community.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Hey.. that's great. If you want to elaborate on what you are doing, I'll post it on the front page. It would be really keen if you could include Lauri Pesonen's GAMMA RAMP PATCH (for Escape Velocity Nova) in the Win32 version of B2 JIT. I think that the most recent JIT for Linux actually runs EV:Nova fine, so maybe it just needs to be ported over.

Post by Guest »

I take a look into include the gamma ramp patch in my version.

I'm rewriting the audio system so it will be powered by OpenAL, much less cpu usage from my benchmarks so far, and much better quality. This also makes Basilisk more portable.

As far as the GUI, just adding better preset features, a little more intuitive interface and a bug report system so I and who ever else plans on working on this can fix bugs faster.

This is about 2-4 weeks away from being released, I just wanted to get some ideas for what everyone wanted to see added.
emodel
Student Driver

Post by emodel »

hi

would it be possible to add an option (or change something) so that the emulator would just use the (pc) cpu it needs ?
I mean, now its always 100%...
robojam
Forum All-Star

Basilisk II as shell

Post by robojam »

One of the things that I would love to see is the ability for Basilisk II to be used as the Windows shell. I thought that it would be quite straightforward to do with Windows 9x, but I couldn't get it to work.

Any chance of seeing if the code to check for the existence of the ROM is at fault here, as that is where the errors appear?

Thanks

Post by Guest »

Update on my progress:

Just finished up 3 other projects that have been lingering around, starting tomorrow I'll be getting back to work on my OpenAL implementation.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind.
Paul Simon

April come she will

Post by Paul Simon »

April come she will
When streams are ripe and swelled with rain
May she will stay
Resting in my arms again
June she'll change her tune
In restless walks she'll prowl the night
July she will fly
And give no warning to her flight
August die she must
The autumn winds blow chilly and cold
September I remember
A love once new has now grown old
phirkel
Apple Corer

Re: Basilisk II as shell

Post by phirkel »

robojam wrote:One of the things that I would love to see is the ability for Basilisk II to be used as the Windows shell. I thought that it would be quite straightforward to do with Windows 9x, but I couldn't get it to work.

Any chance of seeing if the code to check for the existence of the ROM is at fault here, as that is where the errors appear?

Thanks
Loooooooser.
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

Post by The Balance Of Judgement »

Wow last time I saw this thread was like a month ago.

I think Basilisk II Win32 is dead. As in no more updates.

:cry:
Art Garfunkel

Could be...

Post by Art Garfunkel »

Unless, of course, this Anonymous dude surprises us all :wink:
Where are you, pal?
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

I remember this thread. Seems like, um a few months ago.
phirkel
Apple Corer

Post by phirkel »

It isn't happening...

Post by Guest »

I ran into some stumbling blocks that I couldn't overcome so yes my work is officially done, maybe someone else will come along.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

I have MinGW setup and the source code for the last release of Basilisk II JIT for Windows. I'm planning on trying to (at least) compile it this week.

I *almost* had the latest CVS source working under Cygwin on Windows a few months ago (with Gwenole's help).

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/mes ... msg=4393.1