no screen saving / go to sleep control panel in OS 7.5.3 ?

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

chelim78
Tinkerer

no screen saving / go to sleep control panel in OS 7.5.3 ?

Post by chelim78 »

Hello,
The OS 7.5.3 I downloaded from Apple site doesnt contain any screen saving / go to sleep control panel, so OS 10.5.8 on which I run Basilisk II cant go to sleep automatically after some inactivity. How could I complete my OS 7.5.3 control panel set ?
IPalindromeI
Tinkerer

Re: no screen saving / go to sleep control panel in OS 7.5.3

Post by IPalindromeI »

Sleep/power saving control panels are in the PowerPC version of System 7.5.3, and SheepShaver handles PPC.
Except sleep doesn't do anything. It will just make you feel good having the cdevs.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

You are probably referring to the Energy Saver control panel. It is not installed in BasiliskII and it would not work if it was installed, BasiliskII cannot "sleep".

I never let BasiliskII run without using it, so I never reach the point where the OSX host would enter sleep mode by itself. I can make the host sleep while BasiliskII is running by using the related menu item or key shortcut. Did you enable in BasiliskIIGUI "Don't use CPU When Idle"?
chelim78
Tinkerer

Post by chelim78 »

I never let BasiliskII run without using it, so I never reach the point where the OSX host would enter sleep mode by itself. I can make the host sleep while BasiliskII is running by using the related menu item or key shortcut.

Of course, that's what I do.
In fact it's quite unconfortable for me to quit BasiliskII when I dont use it for a while since I have a lot of files opened.

Did you enable in BasiliskIIGUI "Don't use CPU When Idle"?
Yes.

Anyway, it's a pleasure running BasiliskII !
Silent Flamer
Master Emulator

Post by Silent Flamer »

Try After Dark. That works.