compiling Photoshop 1.0

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

basipu
Space Cadet

compiling Photoshop 1.0

Post by basipu »

Hello all,
so, I managed to start BasiliskII on Windows, Think Pascal from certain person called Ingmar works fine albeit with some restrctions (StuffIt reports that for Ingmar's improved interface package[s] I could have extracted even more if I would have StuffIt DeLux version, whatever it might mean) where fine means I managed to compile both simpe "Hello, world" program and "Hello, wolrd" program relying on Mac API, i.e. it draws a rectangle and places a string there -- so far, so good. Now I want to compile this by now relatively famous Photoshop 1.0 -- any suggestions/hints/experience sharing?
yksoft1
Master Emulator

Re: compiling Photoshop 1.0

Post by yksoft1 »

The Photoshop 1.0.1 source is in MPW Pascal and MacApp (unknown version, probably 1.x).
I tried to build it in my Mini vMac II + System 6.0.7 + MPW 3.1 + MacApp 2.0 environment, however the mabuild thrown many errors about undefined variables and two missing files in the makefile. I suspect either my MacApp or MPW is not the correct version, or the source archive itself is incomplete.
basipu
Space Cadet

Re: compiling Photoshop 1.0

Post by basipu »

ok, so starts to get somewhat warmer. OK, where can I get this MPW Pascal and MacApp classes library in order to give it a try. As about two missing files which where these? Maybe it is all clear and obvious typo that can be easily corrected?