Mac Paint on Basilisk II?

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

baseball93
Space Cadet

Mac Paint on Basilisk II?

Post by baseball93 »

I followed the guide to get Basilisk II running on my windows 7 machine. The emulator runs and I installed Stuffit and the recomended update. I have a shortcut on the emulators desktop and I brought my 2.0 Paint.sit file over the the emulated hard drive. I double clicked the .sit file on the emulators desktop and it says my preferred destination folder is write protected and prompts me to choose a new folder. I made one in apple extras called "mac paint" but navigating to the folder leads me to a file called "2.0 Paint.image"

Double-clicking that gives me this error: Image

I'm not sure what to do. I just want to run an old version of mac paint and make some black and white drawings. This is the file I'm trying to run: http://www.earlymacintosh.org/disk_imag ... 0Paint.sit
24bit
Forum All-Star

Re: Mac Paint on Basilisk II?

Post by 24bit »

The image you got is a DiskCopy4.2 file. It should be mountable in BII with DC4.2 or DC6.X if the .sit was inflated correctly.
To mount the image, start the DiskCopy app and choose Mount Image (Command-M) from the menu.
If mounting with DiskCopy should fail, move the .image back to the host´s HDD via "Computer" and add it in the BasiliskII GUI Volumes pane.
Dont move it to the top of the volumes list, as BII can not boot with a System_2 disk.

On a side note, I would rather choose MacDraw or ClarisDraw for BII. :)
IPalindromeI
Tinkerer

Re: Mac Paint on Basilisk II?

Post by IPalindromeI »

I found even StuffIt 5.5 can mount disks DC can't.

MacDraw is a better choice though. Vectors and a bigger, resizable window.