Basilisk II can't boot from System70_boot.dsk!!!

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

sashapiv

Basilisk II can't boot from System70_boot.dsk!!!

Post by sashapiv »

It worked before until I reinstalled my Windows from ME to 98. Now, when I'm booting from System70_boot.dsk, I get this error:

Code: Select all

Sorry, a system error occured.
illegal instruction
to temprorarily turn of extentions, restart and hold down the shift key
What is wrong with it?
Why doesn't it work?
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Well, it could be a number of things.

For now, in the BasiliskIIGUI's General Tab choose

Model ID: 5 (Mac IIci)
CPU: 68020

You are having the error because you are using a disk that was made for older Macs (older then Quadras). Once you get your hands on a 7.5 or greater disk, you can use a ModelID of 14 and a CPU of 68040.
sashapiv

Post by sashapiv »

Thanx, it worked!

Although I don't know why I didn't get this error when I was running Basilisk II from Windows ME...

I have another (small) question: What is the difference between Basilisk II JIT and Basilisk II classic?
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Gwenole wrote:

"Basilisk II/JIT is an attempt to add a dynamically recompiling 680x0 cpu core to the original Basilisk II . This is achieved thanks to the adaptation of Bernie Meyer's excellent just-in-time (JIT) compiler for UAE to Basilisk II."

But basically, this makes Basilisk II run faster. Much faster, actually - some people report speed improvements of up to 100%.

To use B2 JIT, you will need to use a hacked GUI. Installing from this executable will give you it:

http://hosted.barrysworld.net/basiliski ... kIIJIT.exe