Cannot run programs in BasiliskII

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

dignolita
Space Cadet

Cannot run programs in BasiliskII

Post by dignolita »

I am running Basilisk ll 20091004. I have loaded OS 8.1 and it seems to run ok. I can open the Disk First Aid and Drive Setup (both installed by OS 8.1 disk) but I cannot seem to get any other program to run. I have tried to load Acrobat 5.0 and I get an error message that says it cannot run on this computer and the same result occurs when I try to open a program that I passed through the Unix disk and copied on to the disk I loaded OS 8.1. This program "Timeslips" was running on my Quadra 650 (which ROM I am using) just fine with OS 8.1. I have searched the forum but am not finding any kind of answer.

Help please.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Cannot run programs in BasiliskII

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Many programs will not work when only the application file is copied. They need to be installed using the installer for that application that will install needed additional files (usually into the System Folder or one of its subfolders). Could that be the problem with these programs?

(Edit: I am not sure Acrobat 5 can run on a 68k Mac.)
Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason:  
dignolita
Space Cadet

Re: Cannot run programs in BasiliskII

Post by dignolita »

I ran all these programs on a CI Mac. When I return I will make sure the preference file is loaded.

Thank you.