Possible to install Basilisk II in different location?

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Pauhana658
Space Cadet

Possible to install Basilisk II in different location?

Post by Pauhana658 »

I have Basilisk II installed on my iMac as per the instructions, meaning that the Basilisk II folder is at the root level of my Mavericks OS. I'd like to move the folder to inside the application folder in order to make Basilisk II available to Parallels Access on my iPad 4. Not sure if Access will recognize the Basilisk app, but if it does, then I could "run" Hypercard on my iPad for demonstration and development purposes.

Is it possible to install Basilisk II so that it resides in the Applications folder on an iMac running Mavericks? Thanks!
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Possible to install Basilisk II in different location?

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

You can install BasiliskII anywhere you like. In your case: move the BasiliskII folder to the desired location, start the GUI and adjust all location-dependent settings: remove the hard disk from Volumes, and add the hard disk from the new location. Do the same for the rom file. And reset the path to the Unix folder.

Best,
Cat_7
Pauhana658
Space Cadet

Re: Possible to install Basilisk II in different location?

Post by Pauhana658 »

Yep, that did the trick. (My kind of "mod": quick and simple.) And yes, by moving the Basilisk II folder to the Applications folder, Parallels Access on my iPad is able to recognize the Basilisk II app and I can now "run" System 6 and Hypercard on my iPad. Cool! Thanks for fast reply and simple instructions!