Some game comments

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Eli the Bearded
Space Cadet

Some game comments

Post by Eli the Bearded »

Years ago I purchased Crystal Caliburn, a pinball emulator. It supposedly was Mac / Windows on one CD. I've never gotten the Windows one to work, however. The Mac version initially installed, but then wouldn't run giving me not enough memory errors. I upped the memory allocation to 10x preferred with no luck. Turns out the trick is to have audio enabled. No sound was the problem.

I also tried some Cliff Johnson games: At the Carnival, Fool's Errand, and 3 in Three. All "worked" but 3 in Three kept giving me sound errors. That's what prompted me to try enabling sound and retry Crystal Caliburn.

Glider+ 3.0: it runs, folds up a plane and then instantly it seems the plane has crashed. Some sort of game speed issue apparently. Have others gotten this to work in Basilisk II?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Some game comments

Post by adespoton »

Just tried Glider+ 3.1 under 7.6.1 in BII -- works fine, using , and . as controls. Although Glider 4 or Glider Pro seems like a better option....

Once you've got over the first vent, you need to press , immediately to avoid crashing on the table. it's a nimble-fingered game, unless you slow down the CPU speed somehow.
Eli the Bearded
Space Cadet

Post by Eli the Bearded »

Hmmm. Maybe I should look for a newer version of Glider then.
Jorpho
Master Emulator

Post by Jorpho »

Eli the Bearded wrote:Years ago I purchased Crystal Caliburn, a pinball emulator. It supposedly was Mac / Windows on one CD. I've never gotten the Windows one to work, however. The Mac version initially installed, but then wouldn't run giving me not enough memory errors. I upped the memory allocation to 10x preferred with no luck. Turns out the trick is to have audio enabled. No sound was the problem.
If you particularly want to play that one, you can still get a fully up-to-date problem-free version from http://www.littlewingpinball.com/ , if I'm not mistaken.