Option and Command Keys Reversed w/RPi

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Byte Knight
Space Cadet

Option and Command Keys Reversed w/RPi

Post by Byte Knight »

I'm working on a project which has a Raspberry Pi 3 in a Mac SE case and an ADB to USB Wombat converter so I can hook up my old Mac SE keyboard. The Pi runs MacintoshPi software which uses Basilisk II for emulation. My problem is that the Option and Command keys are reversed. I tried editing the keycodes file in /usr/local/share/BasiliskII by reversing the numbers in the 2nd column without any change. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Sysop of Captain's Quarters II BBS, running on a Mac!
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Option and Command Keys Reversed w/RPi

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

If your BasiliskII is built from github.com/kanjitalk755/macemu source, option and command keys are reversed by default as for Linux a Windows keyboard is assumed.

You can change position of option and command keys in the prefs file by using either;

Code: Select all

swap_opt_cmd false
or

swap_opt_cmd true
Byte Knight
Space Cadet

Re: Option and Command Keys Reversed w/RPi

Post by Byte Knight »

Ronald P. Regensburg wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:58 pm You can change position of option and command keys in the prefs file by using either;

swap_opt_cmd false
or

swap_opt_cmd true
That worked - thank you! It took me a while to find the actual prefs file, which I eventually found under usr/share/macintoshpi/macos7/macos7.cfg.
Sysop of Captain's Quarters II BBS, running on a Mac!