Thank you for your detailed help. I was a prisoner of the PC universe from 1983 -- 2008 for professional reasons. I had Mac envy but never knew they crashed. Perhaps that was to maintain parity with Windows
I followed your advice however I must be doing something incorrectly because--
* Virtual CD…. utility 10d3.img downloaded from http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/virtual ... cd-utility
* Clicking on the Virtual CD … icon produced this ERROR MESSAGE
The document “Virtual-CD-DVD-Utility-10d3.img” could not be opened, because the application “Disk Copy” could not be found. Could not find a translation extension with appropriate translators.
* Disk Copy is in a desktop folder named Disk Copy right next to the desktop folder named Vitual CD DVD
* Tried opening Virtual CD - DVD Utility 10d3. img with Disk Copy by dragging the icon
* ERROR MESSAGE: the Mount Image operation did not complete (-36).
The disk “Virtual-CD-DVD-Utility-10d3.img” has a problem. Please try again or use another disk
* re-downloaded Virtual CD .. Utility 10d3 from mirror site
* Repeated all steps above with same results
* Confirmed alll system extensions are turned on
* Rebuilt the desktop
* Repeated all steps as above with same results
My aim is to be able to mount two files this week — one is ISO; the other is TOAST. Both seem to require Virtual CD .. Utility as neither is recognized by Disk Copy
LATER ADDENDUM: I am using Disk Copy 6.1.2 because 6.3.3 produces this ERROR MESSAGE when I attempt to "unstuff" it. The Shrink Wrap Engine has reported an error ERROR -36
Any help is appreciated.