Trying to install Stuff It Expander on Basilisk II

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

BonjourTristesse
Space Cadet

Trying to install Stuff It Expander on Basilisk II

Post by BonjourTristesse »

I've run into a bit of a predicament with my emulator.

I want to open a game file but quickly realized that in order to open the contents I need to install Stuff It Expander. I have a (.dsk) copy of Stuff It Expander and figured I would just get DiskCopy, get that running on the emulator, and then I could open and install Stuff It Expander and play my games. I was sorely mistaken. Here is where the problem comes in: In order to open and install DiskCopy I need, you guessed it, Stuff It Expander because the DiskCopy file is a (.sti).

The question is: how do I go about getting DiskCopy on the emulator since I need Stuff It Expander to open it?
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Trying to install Stuff It Expander on Basilisk II

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

A .dsk copy is a disk image. If you add the file to the volumes list in BasiliskII GUI, it will probably be mounted on the BasiliskII desktop at the next launch of BasiliskII and you can access whatever is on it.
24bit
Forum All-Star

Re: Trying to install Stuff It Expander on Basilisk II

Post by 24bit »

You may also try the third DL here: http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/stuffit-expander-55
The zip expands to .toast image you may add to the volumes GUI to mount it.

I´ll add a DC6 zipped image later at Macintoshgarden.
DiskCopy 6 is useful to mount some disk images.
Which is your host OS btw?