Weird issues under Linux

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

pcat
Space Cadet

Weird issues under Linux

Post by pcat »

Hi,

I tried BII under Linux, using a fresh xubuntu 12.04 install, I built the binary from the source repository https://github.com/cebix/macemu, using sdl. I launched it on a 7.5.3 virtual system image running great under BII for windows. BII starts fine, but the mouse movement is very sluggish. Also, some keys are not working. I checked in the Mac notepad and keycaps app and, for example, all the horizontal num keys seem dead. I checked the keycodes with xev under Linux, everything seems correctly mapped in the keycode file (and raw keycode option is enabled) but BII seems to ignore these keystrokes.

I tried with and without JIT enabled. Only difference is that the display is even slower with JIT disabled, but no change for the keyboard issue.

Any idea?
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Weird issues under Linux

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Are you running with a default resolution? And did you check the refresh rate?
Please try running with e.g. 1024x768 and refresh rate set to dynamic.

Best,
Cat_7
uhhu
Inquisitive Elf

Post by uhhu »

Have you selected the correct keycodefile in ~/.basilisk_ii_prefs?

Do you have a correct X11 Server vendor string in your Basilisk II keycodefile?
pcat
Space Cadet

Post by pcat »

Thanks for the tips...

frameskip=0 seems to fix the sluggish display.
Regarding the keyboard problems, it turns out the keycode file was likely corrupted with a windows/unix text conversion (CR/LF), I re-installed the file from the source and the keyboard now work :)