Having some graphical issues with Mini vMac 36.04

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

celebi23
Granny Smith

Having some graphical issues with Mini vMac 36.04

Post by celebi23 »

So, I've got a nice setup for Dark Castle & Beyond Dark Castle. Here's the settings I used to compile 3.5.8:
-t imch -magnify 1 -bg 1 -ta 2 -speed z -sss 4 -svl 6 -n "minivmac-3.5.8" -maintainer "Silicon Beach Software, Inc.". This produces a pixel-perfect image.

I figured I should update to 36.04. Here are the settings I used to compile 36.04:
-t mc64 -magnify 1 -bg 1 -ta 2 -speed z -sss 4 -svl 6 -n "minivmac-36.4"

Yet, with those options in 36.04, the image is not pixel perfect. It's completely blurred. I'm not sure what I'm missing here. Also, has the -maintainer option been replaced with some other compile option in 36.04 or has it been removed completely? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Having some graphical issues with Mini vMac 36.04

Post by adespoton »

I'm drawing a blank, but I know I've had that issue with BII in the past. Maybe it has something to do with Retina?

Does anyone else remember what the fix is here?
celebi23
Granny Smith

Re: Having some graphical issues with Mini vMac 36.04

Post by celebi23 »

I'm not sure that it's a Retina issue. Both apps had the "High Resolution Capable" option set to "YES" in the Info.plist file. It's really weird. If I select "Open in Low Resolution" in 36.04, it's not a permanent fix. When I move around the window, the image fixes and it's pixel-perfect. Or, if I take a screenshot of a part of the window, the part I'm taking a screenshot of adjusts to be pixel-perfect while the rest of the window is still blurred. If I take a screenshot of my entire screen, 36.04 adjusts to be pixel-perfect as well. Can't figure out why it's not a permanent fix. :?:

Edit:
Just to point out, here are my compile options for 3.5.8:
-t imch -magnify 1 -bg 1 -ta 2 -speed z -sss 4 -svl 6 -n "minivmac-3.5.8" -maintainer "Silicon Beach Software, Inc."
And here's what I have for 36.04:
-t mc64 -magnify 1 -bg 1 -ta 2 -speed z -sss 4 -svl 6 -n "minivmac-36.4"
I think I found the problem. So, I went back to 3.5.8 and used "-t mc64" instead of "-t imch". I got the same blurry image as I did on 36.04.