video tutorial for mini vmac

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

starfiretbt
Mac Mechanic

video tutorial for mini vmac

Post by starfiretbt »

My mini vmac plays some games really fast, very hard fast. I understand that it is possible to do something called "compiling" to make a version that runs slower https://www.gryphel.com/c/minivmac/appc/index.html. I see the instructions but I was wondering if there was a video showing how to compile that way I'm not just reading but also watching. Otherwise I fear I may mess it up. I have seen many tutorial videos for mini vmac but they seem to be about installing and running. I already got it running.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: video tutorial for mini vmac

Post by adespoton »

You can set the emulation speed using the control menu (found by pressing control during emulation). Set the speed to 1x to get games to play more slowly.

Compiling is how you build the software from source code in the first place. While it IS possible to do this yourself, if you need a video tutorial to accomplish it, you probably shouldn't be attempting it. There are way too many variables involved to ensure that your setup matches what the person making the video expects.

You can also use the Mini vMac variations service and for a small donation, the developer will compile you a custom version with the fixes you request. The Mini vMac website has a nice web page where you can fill out a form to get this done. You can even try it out for free first, although those builds come with a few limitations.
starfiretbt
Mac Mechanic

Re: video tutorial for mini vmac

Post by starfiretbt »

That worked perfectly, thank you. It doesn't seem to work for the mini vmac that emulates macII but so far the only game I got is Shanghai but that's not too important.

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out. In macII it's alt and not ctrl, at least mine is.