Mini vMac froze

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

starfiretbt
Mac Mechanic

Mini vMac froze

Post by starfiretbt »

I tried opening the game Glider 4.0 and the title screen comes on but nothing else. I don't know how to quit so I can't shut down Mini vMac and if I try clicking on the X on the top right of the screen to close Mini vMac it warns me I may corrupt the disk. How do I turn off Mini Vmac if I can't shut it down properly?

EDIT: Can I just copy the disk image and shut down the emulator? That way if it does get corrupted I have a working copy I can paste over with.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Mini vMac froze

Post by adespoton »

starfiretbt wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:17 am I tried opening the game Glider 4.0 and the title screen comes on but nothing else. I don't know how to quit so I can't shut down Mini vMac and if I try clicking on the X on the top right of the screen to close Mini vMac it warns me I may corrupt the disk. How do I turn off Mini Vmac if I can't shut it down properly?

EDIT: Can I just copy the disk image and shut down the emulator? That way if it does get corrupted I have a working copy I can paste over with.
I always keep backups of all the disks I use with Mini vMac. That way, when they get corrupted, I restore from backup. Considering that disk corruption was a fact of life on Mac OS back in the 80s and 90s, it's a good habit to get into.