PearPC Control Panel v0.04

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

jhkl
Tinkerer

PearPC Control Panel v0.04

Post by jhkl »

Hello everybody,

A little while ago, I started a thread about the first version of this program, and it seemed to gather good reviews. I just thought that I would let people know that I just released the third version, which incorporates many of the suggestions that the forum members here made. If you are interested in getting the program, please visit http://ppccp.sphosting.com . :) If you're not interested, simply ignore this post.

Once again, please tell me any comments, suggestions, features requests, complaints, criticisms, etc... that you might have. I'm always looking to make PPC CP better.

P.S. I've been looking at some of the other configuration file generators out there, and I have to say that most of them look excellent. It seems like the "market" for a way to manage different config files is almost as big as the one for PearPC. :P

EDIT: Might as well make the title say version 4 now. :)
Last edited by jhkl on Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the emaculator
Space Cadet

Post by the emaculator »

nice work,i will try it out shortly,thanks.
prasys
Forum All-Star

Post by prasys »

Great , job...Keep it up
kybernaut
Apple Corer

Post by kybernaut »

This is still my favorite config manager! I only have a cosmetic request:

Please make Window position and window size permanent, so that it stays the same for the next start.

And again: Thank you very much for this near perfect tool! 8)

--kybernaut
MDZ61384
Tinkerer

Post by MDZ61384 »

kybernaut: I believe your wish has been granted. check out the new build on his site :)
jhkl
Tinkerer

Post by jhkl »

MDZ61384 wrote:kybernaut: I believe your wish has been granted. check out the new build on his site :)
I usually try to incorporate any requests that I receive... Unless of course it's something like "give me $1 million if I download your program". ;)
kybernaut
Apple Corer

Post by kybernaut »

Great, great , great.... :D :D
MDZ61384
Tinkerer

Post by MDZ61384 »

jhkl wrote:
MDZ61384 wrote:kybernaut: I believe your wish has been granted. check out the new build on his site :)
I usually try to incorporate any requests that I receive... Unless of course it's something like "give me $1 million if I download your program". ;)
50,000 and it's a deal ;)
jhkl
Tinkerer

Post by jhkl »

No deal.

How I give you negative $50,000 to d/l the program? ;)

In other words, you pay me $50,000 to download the software.
Cyman
Tinkerer

Post by Cyman »

I can't get the latest version to run, since I get the following error: Component 'COMDLG.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.
I put the mentioned file in my system32 folder though.
Anyone who knows what's wrong?
jhkl
Tinkerer

Post by jhkl »

COMDLG32.ocx goes in your System32 folder, but COMMDLG.ocx goes in your System folder. Try downloading the latest VB6 runtimes from Microsoft and installing them manually (or re-installing them if you've already got them).

Hope that helps. :)
Cyman
Tinkerer

Post by Cyman »

Well, I downloaded VB6 runtime SP6. But there isn't a file called COMMDLG.ocx in it. Neither in the SP5 of the runtimes.
jhkl
Tinkerer

Post by jhkl »

What version of Windows are you running? If you install the Visual Basic 6 runtime package located here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en - that file should be included... :?

What version of Windows are you running?
Cyman
Tinkerer

Post by Cyman »

I'm running Windows XP. And yes, I downloaded the very same version, but no such file included. Not one .ocx file in it.
Cyman
Tinkerer

Post by Cyman »

@jhkl:
Obviously, at least for me, there is no .ocx file included in the VB6 SP6 (nor SP5) runtimes. Could you send them (all the required files) to me or upload them somewhere? Maybe they should be linked on the PearPC Control Panel homepage.
jhkl
Tinkerer

Post by jhkl »

Look at your private messages, Cyman. ;)