Closest settings to XP?

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

bassetdaddy
Space Cadet

Closest settings to XP?

Post by bassetdaddy »

Since Basilisk hasn't upgraded to include XP in its arsenal, what settings would be closer... 2000, ME or XT?

More specifically, when loading drivers for ethernet cards, which ones work with XP?

Thanks
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

The Windows 2000 Ethernet drivers work under XP.
WyomingWrangler
Space Cadet

Post by WyomingWrangler »

If something says Windows 2000, it also works with XP, because XP is built on the 2000 kernel, and 2000 is built on the NT kernel. So what I am saying is that XP, 2000, and NT are pretty much the same.
duckie
Granny Smith

Post by duckie »

Ok, who wants to school THIS one? Any takers?

**sits back with a cold one**
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

A link to Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Comparison Guide might help for starters.

Perhaps it would have been better stated "NT, 2000 and XP use similar NT-based kernels" and left it at that.

The Windows NT 4 Ethernet driver should not be used with Windows 2000/XP by the way. It can work (sporadically) but causes lock-ups and BSODs
bassetdaddy
Space Cadet

Thanks...

Post by bassetdaddy »

...for your help so far. My ISP is Covad, which uses EnterNet software as its PPPoE. Soooo... my situation is even more complicated. Can anyone step me through this? :?