Basilisk Error

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

marXman

Basilisk Error

Post by marXman »

Hi.

I have a problem with the OS 7.5.1 Installation running Basilisk.
After the OS has been installed, and I'm trying to boot from it, I get this error:

A/ROSE Unimplemented trap

Any clues?

Thanks

- marXman -
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Hold the shift key down (or rapidly tap it) when beginning to boot Basilisk II up. You should see a message stating that the extensions are off. Once you get to the Macintosh desktop, go into the System Folder's Extentions folder and delete the A/ROSE extension. Reboot Basilisk II using the Special menu and you should be OK.
marXman

Post by marXman »

Thanks a lot! You saved my day :)
I noticed later that the solution was written in the error-message too, but I was to ignorant to even take a look at it.
Guess it's because I'm used to Windows error-messages, those ones only produces a blue-screen :)
marXman

Post by marXman »

<I noticed later that the solution was written in the error-message too, but I was to ignorant to even take a look at it.>

..at least that Shift-trick.

Full error-message: (just for people to understand my statement)

Sorry, a system error occured.
"A/ROSE"
unimplemented trap
To temporarily turn off extensions, restart and hold down the shift key.

- marXman -
DirectXFreak

Post by DirectXFreak »

Yeah, I have that problem, but when I reboot without extentions, it freezes when the desktop comes up... Any way to fix this?
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

Desktop Issue

Post by The Balance Of Judgement »

DirectXFreik, this may be an issue with OS 7.5.x since it often requires a rebuild of the desktop file, that could be the problem.

Personally, I don't recommend users have 7.5.1 but that they should use 7.5.3 as it is a tad more stable than 7.5.1, plus after 7.5.3 is installed, update to 7.5.5.

You will find that this system is much more stable.

Of course, 7.6.1 and OS 8 are even better.
DirectXFreak

Post by DirectXFreak »

No, I'm using 8 when this happens...
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

You can use HFVExplorer to delete the A/Rose extension. Let us know if you can't find HFVExplorer or need help using it.