DMG2ISO Converter Frontend

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

DMG2ISO Converter Frontend

Post by Cybermagellan »

I'm learning VB .net and decided to make a front end to the DMG2ISO converter written by vu1ture and add that with my file. This was used and designed with legal files in mind.

However I'll already waive my responsibility for what you use it for. Please provide feedback using the E-mail address at the bottom of the page.

http://members.cox.net/pearpc/DMGConverter.htm
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

Hey i wanted to create one...
Just wait...
I'll create a better one in VB6
Just wait...
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

Ok, i've created a GUI myself.

here is is: http://www.geocities.com/superdiggerus/DMG2ISOS.zip

The source code + dmg2iso.exe is included. (vu1tur if you want me to remove dmg2iso.exe just tell me)
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

PPC Digger,
While yours is nice there is one draw back. You probably already knew what you were doing when you wrote that....I am still learning.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Can this be written into Bob McGee's gui?
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

Dunno, because I am learning how to do do Vb .net I'll see if it can or a similar product can be made
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

PPC_Digger,
You seem to proficiently know VB6 and I am learning .net. Would you and anyone else who knows VB like to team up on this? If so let me know and we can arange some live chat on my IRC server or something.
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

Cybermagellan wrote:PPC_Digger,
You seem to proficiently know VB6 and I am learning .net. Would you and anyone else who knows VB like to team up on this? If so let me know and we can arange some live chat on my IRC server or something.
If you want i can convert it to .NET, i know it too.
And yes, i don't mind teaming up.

BTW if you need any help with vb don't hesitate to ask.
ClockWise wrote:Can this be written into Bob McGee's gui?
Was his gui written in vb? (if so, then yes)
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

PPC_Digger I am in AZ and I own my Nick on almost every network and the internet www.cybermagellan.com is registered to me :) however If you want to get together and decide what we are going to do send me a E-mail, and IM, a PM, or well that is about everyway to get ahold of me.

As far as Bob McGee's I think it is in Java....

Shawn
mike
Inquisitive Elf

Post by mike »

im pretty good w/ java. i might write my own tool from scratch. it sounds pretty easy, and with java it could run on a lot of platforms! I'll be sure to let you guys know when i've written this app!
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

mike wrote:im pretty good w/ java. i might write my own tool from scratch. it sounds pretty easy, and with java it could run on a lot of platforms! I'll be sure to let you guys know when i've written this app!
Can java use the command prompt? (for the dmg2iso tool)
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

yeah it can...I'm not sure what the actual command is however yes it can access system resources as well....it can even carry it's own command prompt....take for instance RemoteCVS and EspadaV8's PearPC config creator....
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

Cybermagellan wrote:yeah it can...I'm not sure what the actual command is however yes it can access system resources as well....it can even carry it's own command prompt....take for instance RemoteCVS and EspadaV8's PearPC config creator....
But java should not depend on the host OS, that's it's idea.
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

...maybe your confused. I understand that it is not host dependant however I am saying that it can be done....of course the same commands are not the same as would be on Linux so when you go to call the command prompt on Linux of course it'll give an error message....so I fail to see where your statement comes into play
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

Cybermagellan wrote:...maybe your confused. I understand that it is not host dependant however I am saying that it can be done....of course the same commands are not the same as would be on Linux so when you go to call the command prompt on Linux of course it'll give an error message....so I fail to see where your statement comes into play
I understand what you are saying, but i say that java was developed in a way that any java code will work anywhere there is a java run-time environment.
Oh, forget it.
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

PPC_Digger you should try not to be so argumentative in the forum. This isn't the only post that you have done this with.

Just try to understand what people are saying to you rather than just get angry every time someone points out that you've made a mistake.
Once you've made something idiot proof, they go and invent a better idiot!
chelios
Inquisitive Elf

Post by chelios »

What magellan is trying to say is that the dmg2iso program is a windows executable so there's not much point writing it in java if it's only going to be used on windows.

Me and magellan have already talked about a .NET version and he's making it now with some little pointers from me.
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

Exactlly....and chelios....I'm still messing with it....hitting some snags but learning along the way
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

Cybermagellan wrote:Exactlly....and chelios....I'm still messing with it....hitting some snags but learning along the way
If you'd like i can rewrite mine in .NET so you can take hints from it. (now i have VB.NET)
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

PLease do that would be a great benifit to me...thanks
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

Well seeing you took so long to update yours to VB .NET I decided to read up and figure out how to do the open dialogs.... :D . So yeah v.2 is out :D
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

Cybermagellan wrote:Well seeing you took so long to update yours to VB .NET I decided to read up and figure out how to do the open dialogs.... :D . So yeah v.2 is out :D
You simply use the "Microsoft Common Dialog" control (that's activex i have no idea how to do it in .NET controls)
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

PPC_Digger wrote:
Cybermagellan wrote:Well seeing you took so long to update yours to VB .NET I decided to read up and figure out how to do the open dialogs.... :D . So yeah v.2 is out :D
You simply use the "Microsoft Common Dialog" control (that's activex i have no idea how to do it in .NET controls)
You don't need to add all these ActiveX controls to a project with .NET.

It wasn't really a good idea with previous versions of VB either, and if you still use it, you should look at making the relevant Windows API calls. For a start, it makes all those problems with different versions of the ActiveX control disappear, and the Common Dialog control is the worst one by far.
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

robojam wrote:
PPC_Digger wrote:
You don't need to add all these ActiveX controls to a project with .NET.

It wasn't really a good idea with previous versions of VB either, and if you still use it, you should look at making the relevant Windows API calls. For a start, it makes all those problems with different versions of the ActiveX control disappear, and the Common Dialog control is the worst one by far.
Ok, ok. where do i find a listing of all API functions?
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

This is probably a good starting point:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defau ... erence.asp