Darek Mihocka is giving it away for free

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Darek Mihocka is giving it away for free

Post by Mac Emu »

Our favorite Canadian Mac emulation developer can't sell it cheap, so contact him and he will give you some.

Short summary: Contact Darek for free CDs of Mac OS 7.5\8.0\8.1, Clarisworks 4, PowerPrint or a ROM card. One per person.

Code: Select all

"Hello, this is Darek Mihocka from Emulators Inc. wishing you a happy holiday season. This is my annual newsletter to our customers and to people such as yourself who have visited our web site and requested to be on our mailing list.

I'm writing to you in case you haven't visited the www.emulators.com web site lately to know about changes in our company and about our Mac OS liquidation. It has been 18 years since I first founded this company in Canada and developed the "ST Xformer" emulator, which ran Apple II and Atari 800 software on the Atari ST computer. In fact, next month, January, will be 18 years since that product's release on CompuServe, the closest thing most of us had to an Internet back then. Over the years as we developed new emulation products we phased out the old. ST Xformer was eventually replaced by "PC Xformer" (the Atari 800 emulator for MS-DOS based PCs) which itself was then replaced by "Xformer 2000" for Windows. Our "Quick ST" product which emulated fast graphics routines on the Atari ST was in 1992 replaced by "Gemulator", a full blown Atari ST emulator for MS-DOS. Gemulator was replaced by "Gemulator 98" and "Gemulator 2000" releases for Windows, which was then replaced by our "SoftMac" product line in 1999.

Over the past 5 years the SoftMac products (SoftMac 2000 and SoftMac XP) have been seen by hundreds of thousands of people at Macworld and COMDEX shows around the world. I've demonstrated the products in television news stories, radio interviews, and for numerous print publications. The products have helped thousands of people, including those in schools and in small business, migrate their Mac software to the PC, just as our Atari emulators in the past have helped people enjoy their classic Atari games and desktop publishing software.

Since the final release of the SoftMac XP product almost three years ago, a free release available from our web site, we've been in an R&D mode developing new ideas and products. The time has now come to completely phase out our Apple Macintosh emulators so that we can move on to new things which I'll discuss in the future. SoftMac, as with our other older products, will continue to be available freely on the web. But as of December 31 we are closing down the SoftMac online store. In fact if you recently tried to order SoftMac from us, or order Mac OS, we are not going to sell it to you or take your money! We are now giving you the Mac OS for free as well.

Earlier this summer I announced our Mac OS liquidation on our web site. Most people reacted thinking it was a joke and did not take advantage of it. So I am reminding you now that in fact it is no joke. Hundreds of original disks of Mac OS 7.5, Mac OS 8.0, and Mac OS 8.1 are free for the taking. These are a combination of un-opened shrink-wrapped boxes of Mac OS 7.5, 8.0, and 8.1, previously opened loose Mac OS 8.0 and 8.1 CD-ROMs as well as Mac OS 8.0 boot floppies for classic Macs.

You can read the "Darek's Secrets" page on our web site for full details. If you live in the United States or have access to U.S. postage, simply send a self-addressed stamped disk mailer or padded envelope to our business address below and we'll send you one copy of Mac OS. It you send a standard sized disk mailer we'll put in a just the CD-ROM. If you include a shipping box at least 6 by 9 by 12 inches in size, we'll put in the whole unopened shrink-wrapped box.

Please specify whether you require Mac OS 7.5 (which works best on Mac Plus, Mac SE, and Mac II type Macintosh computers and emulator) or Mac OS 8.0 / 8.1 (which work best on Macintosh Quadra and Centris type computers). Specify if you prefer the floppy disk version of the CD-ROM version. We'll try as best as we can to give you exactly the Mac OS release you request.

We also have numerous CD-ROMs of ClarisWorks 4.0 and PowerPrint as well. We also have some number of ROM cards with Atari and/or Macintosh ROMs which can be used with emulators such as SoftMac, Gemulator, vMac, and others. You can request those in the same way as Mac OS.

Limit is one per person and please DO NOT send money. We have no interest in profiting from these, this is our gift to you for your years of support. We will not accept requests for multiple copies, or from computer dealers who would then turn around and profit from these items. All disk mailers and boxes MUST be pre-stamped with appropriate U.S. postage. If you do not have access to U.S. postage, please send appropriate international mailing coupons or a pre-paid Starbucks cards with enough credit to reasonably ship your item to you.

Thank you, please take advantage of our Mac OS liquidation, and try to have a safe and happy holiday. Our mailing address for the Mac OS is listed below.

Darek Mihocka

mailing address:
Emulators Inc.
14150 N.E. 20th Street, Suite 302
Bellevue, WA 98007"
Marc
Master Emulator

Post by Marc »

If only I had US post access...
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

If only Darek could be trusted...
Once you've made something idiot proof, they go and invent a better idiot!
Marc
Master Emulator

Post by Marc »

Maybe this is a plan for Darek to send anthrax to the Mac emu guys who have been slagging him for years...just send a prepaid envelope :wink:
lol
Space Cadet

Post by lol »

8O 8O 8O 8O
Havin_it
Mac Mechanic

Post by Havin_it »

Marc wrote:Maybe this is a plan for Darek to send anthrax to the Mac emu guys who have been slagging him for years...just send a prepaid envelope :wink:
8O

Surely a Canadian would never be so gauche....(?)

Hey, at least you can pay him in Starbucks. Every country has one of them now...
SchififtyFive.5
Space Cadet

Post by SchififtyFive.5 »

people making fun of the Canadians again...hey c'mon i'm canadian. and i cant get my signature working it sez to do it in your profile....nothing there (sigh)