Help installing Peer PC

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

retromatic
Space Cadet

Help installing Peer PC

Post by retromatic »

Hi there,

Im pretty much a newbie in here, but i though i could find some friendly guys to help get osx running!

What have i done:

1) Tried this guide: http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/w ... earPC.html

Done all steps, as the guide says, the problem here is that when i press the "Darwin logo" to start installing i get following error:

GenuineIntel
CMOV MMX 3DNOW SSE SSE2
[IO/IDE] <Error> C:\peerpc\X\pearpc-6gib.img: could not open file (No error)

2) Tried this guide:
http://emon.aaronx.com/pearpc.html

Done all steps, just one problem here, cannot mark as on this picture http://emon.aaronx.com/images/sp2LAN.jpg , cause of some network error (ip all ready in use)

Pretty please, can some one help me out? do i need to get another guide?

Regards
retromatic
Space Cadet

Post by retromatic »

See this screenshot, can ya guys tell what i done wrong ? to me it looks like it cant find bootdevice ?

www.york-duck.dk/test/ScreenShot01.jpg
trygvebw
Granny Smith

Post by trygvebw »

You need to RIP the image YOURSELF, not copy it from a MAC or download it from the INTERNET!
MacOSX
Tinkerer

Post by MacOSX »

Why don't you select the first one by pressing 1 on the first one?
retromatic
Space Cadet

Post by retromatic »

trygvebw >> YO YO YO, stop beeing such a smock! and dont tell me what to do or not! i've seen your posts arround, this is NO copy from a mac, this is an ISO made with UltraISO from an ORIGINAL disc! dont be so damn smart! :twisted: Mind your own buisness, if you cant do nothing but bitch!
retromatic
Space Cadet

Post by retromatic »

MacOSX >>> Thanx a lot for your reply mate, well i have all most tried every of em, but no one seems to work.

If i chose option 1. i get following error ...that its not bootable, does that meen i have to remake the ISO, that its damaged ? cause i HAVE tried that allready :cry:

regards
trygvebw
Granny Smith

Post by trygvebw »

retromatic wrote:trygvebw >> YO YO YO, stop beeing such a smock! and dont tell me what to do or not! i've seen your posts arround, this is NO copy from a mac, this is an ISO made with UltraISO from an ORIGINAL disc! dont be so damn smart! :twisted: Mind your own buisness, if you cant do nothing but bitch!
If you have ripped it on your PC, it would not have been a DMG image! ONLY Macs can make DMG images...
retromatic
Space Cadet

Post by retromatic »

trygvebw >>> I HAVE NO DMG IMAGE, i have a god damn ISO, as i said made with UltraISO
willhart
Apple Corer

Post by willhart »

If he has the actual CD, then he should have no problem using nativecdrom. Retro, download 0.4pre SDL from richardgoodwin.com. Set slave image to your cd drive, and slave type to nativecdrom. Put the cd in the drive and fire up pearpc.
retromatic
Space Cadet

Post by retromatic »

willhart >>> Thanx for your help mate, ill try that out! and return with my results :)