EV Nova Question

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

EV Nova Question

Post by Guest »

When I try to unpack EVNova.sit in basilisk, it tells me that it cant find the application that created the file. I use stuffit expander to try and open it, but it doesnt work. EV and EV Override worked just fine, but it wont expand EV Nova or any plugins for any game. What can I do?
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

What version of Stuffit Expander are you using?

Post by Guest »

5.5 I think. It says that 5.5 is the only one that I can use with my OS. Is it possible to use a newer version of Stuffit Expander with OS 7.5.3?
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Expander 5.5 (or 5.5.1?) is the last version that works under 68k Macs.

You may need the Stuffit Engine which is included in the DropStuff 5.5 shareware: http://mes.emuunlim.com/software/applic ... _tools.htm

Post by Guest »

Thannks for the file, Im checkin it now to see if it will work. Let me just say that the ones who are answering peoples questions in the forums are really smart, is there any problem that you guys havent solved??

Post by Guest »

The Dropstuff 5.5 installer is in .sit format, it generates the same problem as my copy of EV Nova does. Am I doing something wrong?
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

You can either expand a SIT file by drag&dropping the file on top of Expander, or by selecting Expand from the File menu and navigating to the file. Check your Preferences under the File menu to make sure Expander is set up to expand archives.

BTW, what browser are you using to download files?

Post by Guest »

Im using Internet Explorer to download them. I'll try what you suggested.